The department of Information Science
and Engineering came into existence in the year 2000. It is headed by
Dr. J Prakash. Ph.D supported by a highly qualified and dedicated
Realizing well in time that the information technology
wave has become a phenomenon in itself over the past few years, the
institute established a separate department to cater the ever-growing
demand for professionals in this challenging field.
The department aims at cultivating thirst for knowledge,
vigor and the vision to look beyond the evident in students. The students
are well versed with the exhaustive and thoroughly chosen curriculum,
guided as they are by an experienced faculty.
Hands on training sessions in various fields of application
of IT have imparted to the students considerable acumen in the vast
sector. The students perform project work as part of their curriculum
to enhance their specification skills, leading to multifaceted development
of their engineering concepts.
The students are taught subjects ranging from technical
and management concepts of IT, software and hardware to related portions
of electronic and electrical communication. The course is designed to
integrate knowledge from all these fields as part of their curriculum.
3rd Semester 4th Semester
1. Engineering Mathematics III. 2. Discrete Mathematical Structures 3. Data Structures with c
4. Logic Design 5. UNIX & Shell Programming. 1. Engineering Mathematics IV 2. Graph Theory & combinatorics.
3. Analysis and Design of Algorithms 4.Microprocessor (Intel 8086/8088) 5. Computer Organization.
5th Semester 6th Semester
1. Finite Automata and Formal Languages 2. Operating Systems 3. Management & Entrepreneurship
4. Data Communications 5. Microcontrollers & Advanced Microprocessors 6. File Structures
1. Unix system Programming 2.Software Engineering 3. Management Information System 4. Computer Networks-I
5. Multimedia Computing Elective Offered: - 1. Principles of Programing Langauge 2. Signal & Systems.
3. Probability , Statistics & Queuing 4.Decison Support System. 5.Computer Graphics
7th Semester 8th Semester
1. Computer Networks-II 2. Enginering and Technology Management. 3. JAVA & CGI programming.
4. Object Oriented Analysis & Design Electives Offered: - 1. Advanced DBMS 2. Digital Signal Processing
3. Distributed Operating System 4. Enterprise Resource Planing. 5. Pattern Recognition. 6. Principles of UI
7. Digital Image Processing. 8. Fuzzy Logic. 9. Client Server Computing. 10. VLSI Design.
1. Software Practice & Testing. 2. Constitution of India & Professional Ethics. Electives Offered:-
1. Mobile Communication 2. Neural Network 3. Embeded Systems 4. Network Management 5. Advanced Algorithms
6. Distributed Objects 7. Real Time Systems 8. Cryptography & Network Security 9.Supply Chain Management
10.Data Mining and Warehousing 11. Multicast Comunication.
The students have access to well equipped laboratory.
Students are provided with extensive practical exposure to a range of
software and hardware of subjects related to the curriculum.
Computing facility labs have software and utilities
such as Windows Vista,Windows Advanced Server 2003,Windows XP, Widows 2000 Professional, Windows ’98, Red
Hat LINUX 9.0, MS Office 2003, Oracle 8i, MS Visual Studio, Borland C++,
Turbo C++ Assembler, etc.
All the systems in the lab are connected
through LAN and have connectivity to other department labs.Internet connectivity of 512 kbps.
Important Labs Covered: -
1. Data Structures Using C And C++
2. Electronic Circuits & Logic Design Lab
3. Microprocessor (Intel 8086)
4. OOP Lab Using C++
5. Algorithms Lab
6. UNIX Programming Lab
7. File Structures Lab
8. Database Application Lab
9. Network Simulation Lab
10.Internet Programming Lab
There is main project, in 8th semester
semester to enhance technical caliber of students. Some of the projects
undertaken by the students of information science department are: -
1. Remote Procedure Calls
2. Network Monitoring Tools
3. Video Conferencing
4. Smart Explorer
5. Address Book Using Voice Commands (SAPI)
6. Issue Management Systems
7. WIN-LINUX Explorer
8. Virtual Files
9. A Middleware Infrastructure for Active space
10. Security Architecture to Access Web application using mobile devices
11. Video conferencing on Linux
12. Framework for Accessing web applications by pervasive devices
13. Web Services wireless Access system
14. File Sharing using Guttala protocol
15. Effort to make openoffice.org a complete office suite
16. Steganography with AVI files
17. Optimization of polynomial equation using Genetic algorithm
18. Evolutionary algorithm based time table generator
19. Evolutionary algorithm based prediction and optimization
20. Mobile Banking through SMS
21. Virtual desktop environment(Virtual classroom)
22. Development of LAN based broadcast system for GPS data
23. Traffic Management using image processing
24. Digital Water Marking for Video piracy Detection
25. Handwritten Numerical Recognition Using Neural Networks